Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ecolovies ~ Blueberry Stationary

It is almost blueberry season. I have been calling my blueberry farmer for the date of the first blueberries that will be ripe from our area. He says two weeks yet, and I wait impatiently. We have been reading blueberry books, talking about blueberry muffins, and we even finished off the very last bag of blueberries from last year. Almost... so close.

A couple of weeks ago, I was surfing and I don't even remember what I was looking for.... but I stumbled across By Sun and Candlelight on accident and I was fully enthralled for quite a while. This mama is incredible!

So by this post I came by this craft.

It was so amazingly simple! You just take a cork (or a few different sizes) and stick a Phillips head screw driver in the bottom of it. Tap a few times on a blue ink pad and voila, you have a blueberry! The leaves I just cut half of the cork off to make a half circle. It was simple. I even used scissors! The kids were stamping away within minutes and were having a blast. :)

Logan, Cyan, and I had a great time doing making stationary for the upcoming blueberry season and then, like all things, the project evolved.

We even broke out the big guns (pens)!

Turnips or strawberries?

Cyan's stamping evoloved even further:

I just love what her little mind thinks up! Do you see the blueberry cart being pulled by a horse? (top to the right, the view is from the top of the cart.) And my personal favorite, the bottom far right... she called it "Bush of Currents".

I wonder what type of stamps we will dream up next?

Don't forget to go and comment on my giveaway... it's over on Friday, July 31st.

signature

SHARE:

5 comments

Tan Family said...

Oh, I've never seen corks turned into stamps! Fabulous idea. :)

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

By sun and Candlelight is on my Google Reader feed, great blog! :) Those stamps are cute! I wanted to make them but we don't have anything with corks.

erika~ the inspired mama said...

oh goodness, this is great!!! esme' is going to love this idea :)

xo,
erika

Maureen Anderson said...

You can also stamp corks as buttons http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/easy-holiday-crafts#slide_11

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Thanks Maureen... cute idea!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig